Founded in 1917, as a modest Anglo-Sanskrit School, this premier institution of U.P. marched from strength to strength ever since. It was upgraded to a middle school in 1918, high school in 1920. Intermediate college in 1923, a degree college in 1946, a full fledged degree college (Arts, Science, Commerce faculties) in 1954. Today it is the biggest associated college of Lucknow University catering to the needs of approx 10,000 students at graduate and post-graduate levels with faculties namely Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, BEd. , BBA(IB) and B P. Ed. with a staff of over 400. Substantial funding was provided by the gracious magnanimity of Late Pt. Deen Dayal Misra. It blossomed into a fine institution under the loving care and expert guidance of Late Justice Gokaran Nath Misra. The Late Misra Brothers (Raoraja Shyam Bihari and Sukhdev Bihari Misra), popularly known as “Misra Bandhu” fostered it to new heights. The exemplary endeavor, vision and enthusiasm of Late Pt. Shri Narain Misra (Bappaji) and Late Pt. Suraj Din Bajpai (former Deputy Secretary, Finance, Government of U.P.) admirably furthered the cause of education through this institution.
- [email protected]
- Station Road, Charbagh, Lucknow , Lucknow - 226004.