Isn’t it interesting how hearing a particular song can bring back a special memory or make you feel happy or calm or pumped up?? Well, Music is said to be an art, entertainment, pleasure, and medicine for the soul and the body. All cultures and the people have universal responses to it. Research has also proved that music can positively impact plants and animals. Scientists discovered that it can also provide beneficial effects to human health.
The Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in Mumbai and the Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in Mumbai states that, today, music therapy is a popular and effective way of treating various psychological disorders. Music impacts us in ways that other sounds don’t. Some studies have shown that listening to music can have positive effects on health. Putting a light on those benefits the results we got are here let’s just check them out:
- Elevates mood. Studies have shown that listening to music can benefit overall well-being, help regulate the emotions, and bring out happiness in everyday life. Whenever one feels low listening to music gives them a light of hope through which they are able to regulate their mood to happiness.
- Lessons the risk of anxiety. In the studies done of people with cancer, we get to know that listening to music combined with standard care reduced anxiety compared to those who received standard care alone. This made them fight their problems with more ease and less of fear and anxiety.
- Improves memory: Research has shown that the repetitive elements melody in music helps our brain to form patterns that helps in enhancing our memory power. Listening to music helps in experiencing more verbal memory, less confusion, and better focused attention that could be really beneficial for students.
- Provides comfort: Music therapy has also been used to help enhance communication, coping with stress and expression of feelings such as fear, loneliness, and anger in people who are experiencing these feeling and emotions in their everyday life
- Sleep quality: Listening to music has been effective in treating insomnia in college students, making it a safe, cheap alternative to sleep-inducing meds . Don’t you think that listening to music is quite a good alternative to medicine on which you spend thousands but you still aren’t able to sleep well.
- Relieve symptoms of depression. When you’re feeling down, music can help you to pick yourself up (muchlike exercise). Classical and meditative sounds seem to bring upliftment inside you , whereas heavy metal and techno can actually make these symptoms worse . So make sure when you feel such kind emotional breakdown do listen to slow and meditative sounds. It will definitely calm you down.
The Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in Mumbai says that opting for music as a better option for yourself, for your body and for your mind. Because that mind does great things but if you aren’t stable there how can you do (greats). So calm yourself with music and bring out the real you because:
“Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife “
- Trucare Trust
- [email protected]
- Survey No.7, Ashram Road, Yeoor Hills, Thane West, Thane, Maharashtra 400610 India.